High energy costs, rising rents and interest rates, and increased labour costs have significantly raised the cost of warehouse operations.
There has therefore never been a better time to review your warehouse operations to identify opportunities to reduce costs.
Key focus areas include:
- Stock reduction through improved stock planning and purchasing arrangements.
- Review of minimum order quantities
- Greater productivity through:
- Improved warehouse layout
- Improved stock layout
- Improved processes and systems including more effective use of bar coding
- Balancing of labour
- Better use of MHE including conveyors
- Review of shift systems
- Introduction of automation and robotics
Over the years Davies & Robson has helped a wide range of companies improve or develop their warehouse operations. If you would like to know how we could help your business, please call Davies & Robson on 01327 349090