Davies & Robson is committed to making sure that when we collect data from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting our sites www.daviesrobson.co.uk & www.daviesrobsonrecruitment.com (our “sites”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices detailed in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and any and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy (“the Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Davies & Robson Logistics Limited of The Coach House, Watling Street, Weedon, Northamptonshire, NN7 4QG (referred to in this policy as “we, “us” or “our”). Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation is Rachel Miley or in their absence Rebecca Thomas.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Information that we collect and how we use it are:
- Email and other contact details – You may wish to contact us sending us letters or emails or by filling in contact forms on one of our sites. We use this information to respond to your query or suggestion for the benefit of you.If this information is not provided we may be unable to provide you with the requested services or continue with the services currently being provided
- Newsletter –We have several newsletters that keep readers up-to-date with information on our services, training programmes, industry insights, news, event, etc. If you would like to subscribe to our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you. We also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, job title and company so that we can personalise your newsletter. You can change your mind at any time by contacting us on 01327 349090. You can also send an email to email@example.com or write to Marketing Preference Team, Davies & Robson, The Coach House, Watling Street, Weedon, Northamptonshire, NN7 4QG
- CV Submission – By submitting your CV to Davies & Robson you are agreeing to our privacy terms regarding the processing of this data for the purposes of identifying suitable employment or contract opportunities with our clients. Your permission will be requested before sharing this data without clients. We will collect your name, email and phone number along with your CV to enable us to contact you in connection to jobs. You can remove your details from our database at anytime by contacting us on 01327 349090 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Data Controller, Davies & Robson, The Coach House, Watling Street, Weedon, Northamptonshire, NN7 4QG
Information we collect about you
- Technical information – including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, geographical location, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths
- Details about your visit – including the referral source, services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page views, website navigation paths, geographical location, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us
We will use this information for the following legitimate business purposes:
- To provide you with the service or information you have request from us
- To update you about any new or changes to our services as it is in our legitimate interest to do so
- To maintain our organisational records and ensure your marketing preferences are up-to-date in our CRM
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To analyse your behaviour on the website in order to improve the operation of our website
- Distributing communications, fortnightly newsletters and company updates
PERMANENT & INTERIM RECRUITMENT
Our recruitment business processes data for the purposes of matching individuals with permanent vacancies and interim contracts.
Data Retention Policy - Candidates Recruitment and Interim Management
Lawful basis for data processing
This basis provides you with certain rights including the right to be informed (we remind you annually of our holding your data), to access, rectification, erasure (subject to the limitations of our legal obligations), to restrict or object to processing or complain about the usage of your data to the relevant authorities.
We may retain your details on this basis for up to:
6 years - if we have placed you in a permanent or interim/contract position
3 years - from the last time that you expressed an interest in our activities related to finding a possible interim/contract or permanent position for you
2 years - (or until the position is closed to a max of 2years) if you have applied for a specific position managed by us on behalf of our clients and not explicitly stated your wish to be considered for other subsequent roles.
1 year - if we have received your contact details via a third party as part of a talent mapping or head hunting exercises
If you have been placed by us in an interim or contract position, we may retain the minimum personal details required to satisfy our legal obligations for up to 10 years.
We may also retain the minimum data required to demonstrate our compliance with data protection procedures and any data protection requests.
We will only submit your personal details and data to our clients for the purposes of progressing a hiring process with your consent.
Communications regarding your data
Whilst we hold and process your data for the business purposes described above, you will be advised annually that we retain your data for this purpose.
We also advise you prior to the expiry of our legitimate interest, as defined in our data retention policy, in your data.
Special Category Data
We do not actively* process special category data:
- ethnic origin
- trade union membership
- biometrics (where used for ID purposes)
- sex life
- sexual orientation
*Should your submitted CV or application contain information recognised as special category data it will at no time be processed (other than as a constituent part of, and existing text within, a CV) or stored as a recognised data variable or searchable field.
Should you wish to exercise your rights to erase, move or object to the processing of your data (subject to the legal basis on which it is held and the time, and any subsequent legal or contractual requirement to retain it) you can do so by contacting: email@example.com
Our website obtains information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. This helps us to provide a better experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Davies & Robson do not pass on or sell email addresses to third parties. Personal Information submitted to us will not be shared with or sold to any other company or individual for marketing purposes without prior and full consent.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- We provide information to third party service providers who process information on our behalf. This is to help run some of our internal business operations, including email distribution, IT services and customer services. These third parties are all within the EEA and, as such, are required to process data securely and only in accordance with UK and EU law including the data protection act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulations (2016).
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets as part of the sale or purchase process and to allow this transaction to proceed as it is in our legitimate interest to do so
- If Davies & Robson or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets in accordance with our legitimate interests
STORAGE OF YOUR DATA
We will store your data in accordance with our Data Retention Policy, which has been created to ensure we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal data that we collect will not be kept for longer than is necessary and we will retain documents containing personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
We follow the appropriate security precautions to prevent unauthorised access, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information that we collect and store. All personal information transmitted via our HTTPS site is then stored on our secure servers. However, no data transmission via the internet can be 100% secured, therefore we cannot guarantee that communications will be free from unauthorised access by third parties; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Direct Marketing – You have the right to object or unsubscribe from direct marketing at anytime. Contact us on 01327 349090 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Marketing Preferences Team, Davies & Robson, The Coach House, Watling Street, Weedon, Northamptonshire, NN7 4QG
- Consent – Where you have given explicit consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at anytime
- Access, Correction, Deletion – You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and if you want us to amend or rectify the data we hold. In some circumstances, including where we are relying on your consent to use your data, you have a right to request us to delete your information.
- Restriction of processing – If we are processing your data for activities under the ‘legitimate interest’ justification and in other circumstances, then you have a right to request restriction of processing and also a right to object to that processing
- Complaints - If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your data you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Davies & Robson Logistics Ltd
The Coach House
Telephone: 01327 349090
This Policy and any dispute or claim arising out of it or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this policy or its subject matter.